Come Join Us!
Performs a variety of customer support services including technically specialized clerical work while providing general administrative support functions for the Fire Department. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Fire Chief.
2023 Hiring Range: $24.10 to $27.72
2023 Pay Range: $24.10 to $30.14
*2023 Performance-based Pay Opportunity: Up to $32.53
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, health, dental & vision, life insurance, long-term disability and retirement.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Coursework in business, Administrative Specialist or related field.
- Two years experience in administrative support and office operations. Secondary education coursework in office practices can substitute for up to one-half of the experience required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by management.
- Complete department required training within required timeframes.
- Notary Public license, ICC Permit Technician Certification, and previous minute taking and/or department-related experience are desirable.
Qualifications and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General knowledge with the ability to interpret and apply department-specialized programs, policies, procedures, statutes, regulations, and records relating to the office. Accepts responsibility, takes initiative, and works independently or as part of a team to accomplish tasks, often under strict time constraints.
- Ability to read maps, blueprints, building plans and to interpret utility location drawings and legal descriptions of real estate.
- Logical thinker with ability to solve practical problems, applying common sense to interpret and independently carry out detailed instructions in various forms.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail. Must be able to handle multiple interruptions and adjustment of priorities throughout the day without compromising accuracy or efficiency.
- Ability to communicate courteously and tactfully, both orally and in writing, by representing the City in a positive and professional manner at all times with an internal/external customer-driven attitude; Provides friendly, courteous responses to coworkers, the public, external agencies, associates, and vendors. Remains calm and professional under difficult, sensitive, stressful / hostile situations; or when dealing with diverse individuals.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information and compliance with data practice laws.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including, but not limited to, computer and department-required software, multiline telephone system, and scanner/copy machine.
- Ability to create spreadsheets, compose correspondence, reports, and documents by typing and entering data accurately and at a reasonable rate of speed; accurately manages department files and records.
- Considerable knowledge of English vocabulary, spelling, grammar, sentence structure, punctuation and arithmetic.
*The City of Brainerd utilizes a performance-based pay system that provides an opportunity for additional steps based on merit.