Police Support Specialist - Evidence
Borough of Lansdale - Police Support Specialist - Evidence
The Borough of Lansdale has an open position for a full-time Police Support Specialist-Evidence in its
Police Department. This role involves a range of specialized clerical duties specific to a police operations
These duties encompass serving as the custodian of the evidence room, managing evidence
and its collection from various locations, multitasking with frequent interaction with the police, and
maintaining meticulous records. Additionally, the responsibilities include keeping an inventory of all
property and evidence within the department's control, preparing property and evidence for shipment to
crime laboratories or other destinations, and providing customer service by greeting the public at the front
The ideal candidate must be willing to work shift-based schedules, including holidays, weekends, and be
available for emergency overtime when required.
Requirements include the following:
- To be eligible for this position, a candidate must have a high school diploma/GED, supplemented
by keyboarding/word processing and business/public relations courses
- Five (5) years of experience performing general clerical work, including word processing, data entry, and
extensive public contact in person and on the telephone.
- Three (3) years’ experience working in a police department evidence room is required. Experience in using radios, multi-line telephone systems, and help desk or call center software.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- An associate’ degree from a two-year college or technical school plus three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a police department in a similar position performing similar tasks.
- Possession of or able to obtain and maintain a valid first aid and C.P.R. certifications.
- The position requires the possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver's license with a satisfactory driving record as determined by the police chief.
- Must be able to pass a federal criminal background check and obtain C.L.E.A.N. certification.
- Must adhere to all police policies and procedures.
To be considered, please mail an application and resume to: Human Resources Department, Borough of Lansdale, 1 Vine Street, Lansdale PA 19446, or email (Pdf format) by clicking "Apply Now".
The full job description and application are available at www.lansdale.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The Borough of Lansdale is an EOE.